Sunday, September 15, 2013

Speaking your truth

"Once you start to speak, people will yell at you.

They will interrupt you, put you down, suggest it’s personal and the world won’t end.

And the speaking will get easier and easier.

And you will find you have fallen in love with your own vision, which you may never have realized you had.

And you will lose friends and lovers and realize you won’t even miss them. And new ones will find you and cherish you.

And you will still flirt and paint your nails, dress up and party.

And at last, you’ll know with surpassing certainty that one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth.

And that is not speaking.”

~ Audre Lorde
 As I work and spend time on developing my business, my fear is that no one listen.  No one will take benefit.  No-one will resonate.  
And then in my Facebook newsfeed pops this posting from a facebook acquaintance, one whom I don't even really recall how we connected.  The message resonated.  And in a marvellous moment of brilliant clarity just as this ray of sunshine breaks through the darkness of the storm across the pure white sands I realised that even if just one person benefits from my work, my passion, my purpose then that makes it all worthwhile. 
 Thank you Facebook friend for posting.  
 x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment